GP-2400 Slipform Paver Specifications
• The GOMACO GP-2400 is designed for paving up to 16 feet (4.88 m) wide with the standard telescoping frame and up to 24 feet (7.3 m) wide with frame inserts.
• Available as a two-track or four-track slipform paver.
• GOMACO’s GP-2400 has telescoping capabilities of up to six feet (1.83 m) on the left side of the paver.
• The exclusive G+® digital control system easily interfaces with stringline or 3D machine guidance to slipform all of your project needs.
• T-beam mounting rail for accurate and quick mold positioning, quick mounting, and removal of the mold.
• A U-shaped operator’s platform is designed with the operator in mind. It provides easy access to the controls, a skid-resistant surface, and ultimate visibility.
• The GP-2400 can slipform bidirectional barrier with the four-track slipform paver.
• Designed for minimum machine transport width for faster, easier, cost-effective job-to-job mobility.
• Pivoting legs on the four-track slipform paver swing for easy positioning during operation and to the outboard position for easy loading and transport.
• Optional rotary-sensored slew drives are located on all four tracks for the ultimate in smart steering technology and Xtreme steering with the tracks having the ability to steer farther than ever before.
The two-track GP-2400 was designed for minimum transport width and for easy transportability between job sites.
GOMACO GP-2400 Concrete Slipform Paver
3 minutes 26 seconds
GOMACO Air-Powered Side Bar Inserter For GOMACO Concrete Slipform Pavers
1 minutes 35 seconds
GOMACO Hydraulic Side Bar Inserter
1 minutes 36 seconds
The GP-2400 is carefully designed to give years of dependable and safe service. The emergency stop buttons are on the operator's console, and on corners of the machine, which are easily accessible from the ground level. Another safety feature is a backup alarm, which is designed to alert personnel around the machine when the tracks are set to operate in reverse. Other safety features include track guards, warning decals, an operator's manual, and a safety manual. GOMACO machines are also designed to provide the operator with excellent visibility over the entire paving operation.
GOMACO Corporation recommends the implementation of all safety procedures.
The versatile design of the GP-2400 four-track paver allows it to be a unique barrier machine capable of slipforming with or against traffic. Barrier paving is accomplished by swinging the paver’s four legs to the outboard or transport position. The G+ control system on the GP-2400 has the ability to pave in Normal, Transport Mode Right, or Transport Mode Left. A 24 inch (610 mm) wide conveyor attaches to mountings on the front of the machine for concrete delivery and can be positioned accordingly.
The GP-2400’s ability to pave up to 24 feet (7.3 m) wide in tight, urban conditions makes it an ideal municipal paver. A two-track GP-2400 slipforms this new city street with a female keyway, in between existing obstacles.
A two-track GP-2400 is slipforming a dairy pad against the existing feed bunk. The left end frame and leg straddle the feed bunk, and sonic sensors are being used within the bunk for grade.
Mainline highway paving is being performed with ease using this four-track GP-2400 equipped with 3D machine guidance.
(1) The spreader/auger on the 3100 series open-front mold is a 14 inch (356 mm) auger with a maximum speed of 33 rpm. The spreader/auger on the 5000 series open-front mold has a 16 inch (406 mm) auger and maximum speed of 28 rpm.
(2) Vibration is provided to the throat area of the mold for consolidation of concrete. The vibrators, with an automatic on/off control, activated with machine movement, are hydraulically powered with variable speeds up to 10,500 vpm. The vibrator position is hydraulically controlled for start of paving and lifting over the bulkhead to finish paving.
(3) The GOMACO tamper bar system tamps down the aggregate level below the surface of the pan. The tamper bar is hydraulically powered with an automatic on/off control, activated with machine movement.
(4) The 3100 series mold and stainless is 48 inches (1219 mm) from front to back. The 5000 series mold and stainless is 60 inches (1524 mm) from front to back.
(5) Adjustable stainless steel is exclusive to the GOMACO paving mold systems.
Minimum clearance is achieved with the four-track GP-2400 using 3D machine guidance to slipform a new interstate lane with existing traffic running next to the paving operation.
• 5400 series paving mold features a box design with durable 0.5 inch (13 mm) thick paving skin.
• Vertically-adjustable mold mount for precise leveling of mold to machine.
• Telescoping end sections with 24 inches (610 mm) of width variation on each side are optional.
• Edge slump adjustment.
• Hydraulic Vertical Hinged Sideplates, self-contained inside the mold.
• Pressure-compensated sideplates are standard.
• Split sideplates are optional on the 5400 series paving mold.
• Folding sideplate wings for transporting without removing.
• Pivoting mold mounting beam to eliminate stress points, created by crowning the mold.
• Self-supported power transition adjuster (PTA) is hydraulically driven with 3.5 inch (89 mm) ACME screws for up to a six inch (152 mm) crown.
• Front and rear top T-bar on mold for attaching accessories and structural integrity.
• Inserts are bolted together with front and rear alignment pins for easy mold assembly.
• Vibrator mounting tube attaches to T-bar on mold.
– Vertical vibrator lift.
– Rear lubrication system with grease zerks accessible from the work bridge.
• Tamper bar optional.
• Trailing stainless optional.
A GP-2400 featuring a 5400 series mold with two telescoping end sections, end slump adjustment, and a self-supported PTA paves a new airport ramp.
Bar Insertion Systems Designed to Fit Your Project Specifications
GOMACO offers several bar insertion systems that are designed to accommodate your project specifications. Hydraulic cylinder, air-powered, and manual insertion are the three types of bar insertion. Bar inserters include the frame-mounted, sidemounted, 5400 series, and trailing form. GOMACO’s bar inserters provide easy and accurate bar placement to job specifications.
5400 Series Bar Inserter
The 5400 series bar inserter is front or rear loading and front inserting for ease of use. It mounts to the mold's T-bar and allows on-the-go crown changes, while maintaining a constant depth. The bar box is mounted to the paver's rear T-beam mounting rail for easy access and loading of the bar magazine. There are individual depth guides on the right and the left side of the bar inserter in order to keep bars parallel to the top of slab. The 5400 series bar inserter can hold up to 50 bars in the bar magazine and bar loading chain system.
The trailing form with manual, air-powered, or hydraulic bar insertion is designed to trail the track on two-track pavers. This system will accommodate most types of bars.
The hydraulic system includes vibration to the bar, and is designed for large bars. Vibration is applied to the bar during insertion, which provides consolidation of concrete around the bars. This system requires one vibrator circuit. The minimum slab depth required is six inches (152 mm) and the maximum bar length is 48 inches (1219 mm).
Trailing Form and Bar Inserter
The trailing form and manual bar inserter is designed to trail the track on a two-track paver. This system will accommodate most types of bars.
• The GOMACO Navigator software and display screen is an optional add-on for your paver to bring all of your G+ paver accessories together for easy control and monitoring.
• The touchscreen can be mounted at ground level on the paver to allow personnel the ability to fine tune the slipform paver's performance and configure settings for the GSI® (GOMACO Smoothness Indicator), SBI (side bar inserter), TBI (tie bar inserter), and PTA (power transition adjuster).
• Ground personnel can monitor the elevation and steering deviations for the machine and adjust sensitivities when required. The deviation meters are customizable and can be shown in a G+ bar graph, circular, or oscilloscope/histogram mode.
• The Navigator can be configured to make G+ accessories available on older G21/G22 slipform pavers.
Navigator G+ paver home screen shown.
• GSI (GOMACO Smoothness Indicator) utilizes compact and ruggedized CAN-based sonic sensors and a CAN-based digital slope sensor to read the smoothness profile anywhere on the slab’s surface.
• The GSI is mounted on lightweight aluminum to allow for easy handling and assembly with less maintenance. The lower profile mounting system allows the work bridge to be mounted directly above the GSI, if needed.
• The optional Navigator’s GSI (GOMACO Smoothness Indicator) screen allows ground personnel to monitor paving smoothness for up to four GSI traces (two visible at a time) using either a real-time localized roughness graph or a simulated California profilograph.
• The machine speed is now logged, which makes it possible to relate the machine speed with the smoothness, as well as automatically track the machine's start and stop events.
• The ACC (Accessories) tab on the Navigator will allow ground personnel to monitor the real time operation of the tie bar inserter (TBI), side bar inserter (SBI), and power transition adjuster (PTA).
• The Navigator supports up to four PTAs. To transition the PTAs, simply enter the new target height values for each PTA, enter the transition distance, and press start transition. The yellow line represents the current height of each PTA, and the red line represents the target height for each PTA.
• Up to four TBIs and two SBIs are supported on the Navigator. The machine position in relation to the current dowel bar spacings is indicated by the red vertical line that will travel across the screen when the machine is moving. When the paver (red line) passes a TBI/SBI fire position, the fire lamps are illuminated.
ACC (Accessories) Screen shows how many PTAs, TBIs, and SBIs are set up on the paver, and the distance between them.
GP-2400 Slipform Paver Specifications
Download The GP-2400 Slipform Paver Brochure (PDF)
Download The GOMACO Full Line Brochure (PDF)
GP-2400 Information In: Deutsch - Español - Francais - Italiano - русский