• The GP460 is a high-production placer/spreader up to 50 feet (15.24 m) wide with a 60 inch (1524 mm) belt and a top-of-the-line two-track GP4 for slipform paving up to 40 feet (12.19 m) wide.
• The GP460 is equipped with one conveyor and two auger drive circuits for placing and vibrator circuits for paving.
• It is equipped with the GOMACO-exclusive G+® control system.
• Quickly and efficiently interfaces with stringline or 3D machine guidance systems.
• Powered by a Caterpillar C7.1 Tier 4 diesel engine with 302 horsepower (225 kW) allowing the GP460 to efficiently drive the conveyor belt and distribute concrete across the grade.
• The strike-off features independent vertical adjustment to control the placed concrete depth without raising and lowering the prime mover.
• An optional sonic sensor system can be added to the GP460 to monitor the concrete depth it is placing. Information from the sonic sensors is utilized by the G+ control system on the paver using Machine to Machine (M2M) communication to provide the optimum and consistent head of concrete in front of the paver.
• The GOMACO strike-off features a Power Transition Adjuster (PTA) for crown adjustment with the placed material.
• The belt can be mounted for right-side or left-side haul roads.
• The GP460 is available with GOMACO Remote Diagnostics (GRD).
• Safety by Design – The conveyor belt features an alarm horn that activates automatically when the belt is raising or lowering.
• The conveyor belt is designed to hold up against heavy loads from end-dump trucks.
• The GP460 conveyor features two, nine foot (2.74 m) long, 11 inch (279 mm) wide, flexible heavy-duty rubber seals on the front and back of the conveyor to ensure the concrete is delivered onto the conveyor belt.
• A conveyor discharge speed of up to 491.5 feet per minute (149.81 mpm) provides quick and efficient material placement.
• Automatic, pressure-compensated belt tensioning while folding, allows the belt to adjust based on the height of the haul road.
• Conveyor wheel retains the belt position when the conveyor is being raised or lowered.
• Heavy-duty, dual-stage belt wiper with pneumatic tensioning.
• Placement accuracy with a controllable material deflector to direct the flow of concrete at the discharge end of the conveyor.
• The strike-off height can be controlled with optional smart cylinders, independent of the prime mover, to meter the concrete ahead of the paver.
• The vertical control of placement depth can be accomplished from the optional GOMACO Navigator on the concrete paver, giving the GP460 true M2M communications.
• The dual-drive auger system moves material to the center or outer areas across the strike-off.
• The reversible 20 inch (508 mm) diameter, hydraulically-powered, split auger features four inches (102 mm) hard-facing on the exterior of the flighting for wear resistance.
• Edge control and maximum material utilization is accomplished with pressure-compensated sideplates.
Dimensions are shown with a 24 foot (7.32 m) wide strike-off.
Transport and operational weights and dimensions are variable, depending on the number of machine options.
Type: C7.1 Caterpillar turbocharged diesel engine.
Emission Level: Tier 4 Final, Stage IV.
Power: 302 hp (225 kW) @ 2200 rpm. 12.7 gph (48.1 Lph) @ 80% load.
Type: C7.1 Caterpillar turbocharged, aftercooled diesel engine.
Emission Level: Tier 3.
No. of Cylinders: 6.
Displacement: 427.7 cu. in. (7.01 L).
Power: 275 hp (205 kW) at 2200 rpm. 11.6 gph (43.9 Lph) @ 80% load.
Fuel reservoir: 160 gal. (606 L).
Hydraulic oil reservoir: 230 gal. (871 L).
AUTOMATED CONTROL SYSTEM
Controls: GOMACO’s exclusive G+ control system features self-diagnostics for grade and steering. It features multi-language, metric or imperial units, and a 6.5 in. (165 mm) anti-glare display screen.
Control indicators: Color graphical performance indicators allow operator to monitor control signals for machine guidance on stringline or 3D.
Telescoping: Dual-telescoping frame telescopes up to 7 ft. (2.13 m) on each side for a total of 14 ft. (4.27 m) of telescoping capabilities.
SPREADER AUGER SYSTEM
Type: Hydraulically powered dual-drive, reversible 20 in. (508 mm) diameter.
Auger speed: Variable up to 85 rpm.
24 ft. (7.32 m) wide: One 4 ft. (1.22 m) right-hand drive section, one 4 ft. (1.22 m) left-hand drive section, and one 4 ft. (1.22 m) power transition adjuster (PTA) section. Balance of inserts per customer specifications. Additional insert sections available for spreading widths up to 50 ft. (15.24 m). Hydraulically pressure-compensated sideplates with adjustment up to 19 in. (483 mm).
International: Strike-off widths are available for countries using the metric system.
BELT CONVEYOR SYSTEM
Width: 5 ft. (1.52 m).
Length: 22 ft. (6.71 m).
Fold height: 14.6 ft. (4.45 m).
Hinge system: Two 3.5 in. (89 mm) by 30 in. (762 mm) hydraulic cylinders.
Hinge fold speed: 8 seconds up and 6 seconds down.
Belt drive: Hydrostatic.
Belt speed: Variable speed control up to 491.5 fpm (149.81 mpm).
Belt tensioning: Pressure-compensated hydraulic belt tensioning for varying haul road height.
Conveyor assembly system: Mounts on either side of machine. Hydraulic conveyor deflector: Directs the flow of concrete at discharge end of conveyor.
Optional: 3 ft. (.91 m) conveyor inserts available for wider applications.
Type: Two hydraulically powered, gear-driven crawler tracks. Overall track length: Series 6 tracks, 12 ft. (3.66 m).
Track pad width: 15.75 in. (400 mm).
Track speed: Variable up to 28 fpm (8.53 mpm) paving, and auxiliary up to 85 fpm (25.91 mpm).
Ground pressure: 25.4 psi based on 84,000 lbs. (38,102 kg) machine with mold and weight evenly distributed.
Leg height adjustment: 36 in. (914 mm) hydraulic adjustment and manual adjustment of 11.75 in. (298 mm) for a total height adjustment of 47.75 in. (1213 mm).
Placing/spreading width: 12 ft. (3.66 m) to 26 ft. (7.92 m) with no inserts needed for frame. Optional width of up to 50 ft. (15.24 m) with additional frame inserts.
Operational length: 23.4 ft. (7.13 m).
Operational width: 40.7 ft. (12.4 m) with 24 ft. (7.32 m) strike-off and conveyor belt down.
Operational height: 14.6 ft. (4.45 m) with the mold extended 10 in. (254 mm) and legs extended 24 in. (610 mm) for placing and spreading material for an 8 in. (203 mm) slab.
Minimum transport length: 31.5 ft. (9.6 m) with 24 ft. (7.32 m) strike-off attached.
Minimum transport width: 12.1 ft. (3.69 m).
Minimum transport height: 10.6 ft. (3.23 m) without strike-off or 11.9 ft. (3.63 m) with 24 ft. (7.32 m) strike-off attached.
Transport weight: 66,000 lbs. (29,937 kg) without strike-off mold and conveyor.
Operational weight: 84,000 lbs. (38,102 kg) with 24 ft. (7.32 m) strike-off mold and conveyor.
Note: Transport and operational weights and dimensions are variable, depending on machine options.
Four-corner outrigger system, manual operation or hydraulically powered.
High-pressure or low-pressure water system.
18 in. (457 mm) conveyor hopper extension.
3D package for stringless control.
Other options are available to customize machine to accommodate applications and customer needs.